make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl Makefile.pl and make steps of the install but when I get to the make test step I see the following:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/01base................# Test loading DBI, DBD::Oracle and version
t/01base................ok 3/6# Failed test (t/01base.t at line 22)
t/01base................NOK 4Failed to load Oracle extension and/or shared libraries:
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/tmp/alliance/DBD-Oracle-1.22/blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 5) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 5) line 3.
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at t/01base.t line 19
The remaining tests will probably also fail with the same error.

I've checked the DynaLoader.pm module referenced above and found the following code on line 230:
# Many dynamic extension loading problems will appear to come from
# this section of code: XYZ failed at line 123 of DynaLoader.pm.
# Often these errors are actually occurring in the initialisation
# C code of the extension XS file. Perl reports the error as being
# in this perl code simply because this was the last perl code
# it executed.

my $libref = dl\_load_file\($file, $module->dl\_load_flags\) or
    croak\("Can't load '$file' for module $module: ".dl_error\(\)\);  

I've also looked at t/01base line 19 which is referenced in the above output but I can't seem to determine which libraries might not be installed. Does anyone have any suggestions or direction on this one. I'm stuck at this point and not sure where to go.

OK, I've made some progress. The original issue was being cause because my LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable didn't contain a path to /opt/dbase/OraHome1/lib, it instead contained /opt/dbase/OraHome1/lib32. I updated the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and was able to get past the issue originally mentioned.

I am still having issues with make test failing because the scripts use the default oroacle userid and password scott/tiger is not available for log-in. Any thoughts on moving forward with the install step even though make test is failing?