M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip.

it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out.

so my question is,
any ideas of what I might look for, that I hmay ave missed before I have to drive to the server, its quite far. I may have to trace cables, ports etc...

nic is up
can ping the gateway on the sub net, but being a console port, it doesn't show up in the OS.
any ideas would be much appreciated.

SPARC: Accessing the system console, ALOM, ILOM, XSCF |

Have you tried telnet'ing to this port? It can accept connections from ssh clients or telnet clients but NOT both.

If another user can connect via ssh locally then it would look like a network issue so maybe no point in physically visiting the server. Could it be that another user is already connected to the console port and the setup of your network means that you get a 'timeout' response?

1 Like

it is set up as ssh,
even if someone is on , normally, I would still get a prompt and would allow me to console -d 0 , at that point it would tell me someone is logged on.

Another more local user can connect to the console port via ssh but you cannot, is that right?

If so, then there's nothing wrong with the console port and/or ssh so has to be the network between you and the system, right?

both interfaces have the same mac address, need to change that, I will change and see it that makes a difference , if not then probably the cabling.