Lucent/Orinoco Wireless card problems

Im running mandrake 9.0 and i just got a Lucent/orinoco PC24E-H-FC. I beleive it was originaly made by lucent but then made by Orinoco.. But anyways i just cant get connected. Ive tried 3 differemt drivers. My wireless access point router is a Linksys. I just cant figure this out ive talked on tech support with Linksys. Orinoco, and Lucent. No one could help me. I tested it on my other computer running XP and it works fine. Can someone please help me quick.
Thanks
Jason

Mandrake Linux hardware web page only shows one Lucent product supported and nothing for Orinoco.

XP may support the card (well of course it does, it worked) but I can't tell from their web page here

Since Mandrake has drivers written by the public for hardware, it's possible no one has yet done this type of card. You should always check first that the hardware is compatible with the software.

I used to have one of our linux servers with a D-Link PCMCIA card that had the card services configured to work with the Orinoco drivers. It took a while to get it working, about 3 or 4 days, many hours each day, but after I got it working, it worked flawlessly.

Sorry, I can't post the exact configuration because I recently reconfigured that platform to run XP Pro because I needed it for home studio Pro Audio applications and programs such as Cubase SX and Propellerhead Reason, plus I needed to interface a recording control surface (Event EZbus) and there was no Linux support for this.

I'm a bit embarassed to say that I'm using XP Pro more and more for these types of home studio applications and virtual instruments :rolleyes: but no plans to move www.unix.com to XP Pro, I promise :slight_smile:

after days of working on trying to install the drivers. I was planning on moving to Red Hat a while ago and i switched and the card worked fine with Redhat
Thanks for the replys
Jason