Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for:

omnidatalist
omnibarlist
omnisap.exe

I prefer the source man pages in nroff format.

A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well.

TIA

I'm not seeing those commands on my HPUX DP cell manager or any of the clients.

But for other omni commands, you should select when installing client a User Interface checkbox in DP gui, which will install omni utilities in /opt/omni/bin and will put man pages in /opt/omni/lib/man

After putting /opt/omni/lib/man in MANPATH, man omni<whatever> should work fine.

Regards.

Omniback, the backup/recovery tool has been renamed to "Data protector" just get the corresponding guide

Thanks for your reply Peasant.

The "omnisap.exe" utility or plugin is present on my system. "omnidatalist" and "omnibarlist" are config files, backup specification files. If you define a backup from your gui, these fiiles are generated and stored as ascii files on your disk.

As so often, the gui doesn't allow you to specify all possible options. To use DataProtector to its full extent you can accomplish more by creating the backup specifications manually e.g. using "vi".

The man pages for "omnidatalist" and "omnibarlist" ate supposed to specify the full syntax for these files.

I know the location of the man pages, however these man pages are not present.

I took the full software bundle of DP apart (unpacked all archives), however cannot find those man pages anywhere. Neither in parts for different OS versions like Solaris.

However, in e.g the man page of "omnib" there is a refence to these man pages.

I suspect they were only present in older version of the software, or they are part of an extra buncle I'm not aware of.

Similar applies for the man page of "omnisap.exe". The binary itself doesn't have a help option, neither does using the "strings" command on the binary provide me any info.

The backup environment I'm dealing with was setup by someone else years ago. The backup specification files show options which cannot be specified in the gui.

Most are clear to me, but there are few of which I would like to know more specifics. Actually I would like to know all possible options.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply.

---------- Post updated at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:14 AM ----------

Thanks for your reply as well ctsgnb.

I went thru all of the guides, especially those for the plugins. However none of these manuals provide the necessary information. At best they mention the existance of the binary and the existance of backup definition files.

No detailed syntax is available.

I managed to find a man page for "omnidatalist" in the google cache. But besides that no info at all.

You can find additionnal guides here:

SAP plugin

Command line reference

DataProtector Documentation

Just pick up those that contain what you look for.

---------- Post updated at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:33 AM ----------

did you try

man 4 omnibarlist

see HP Communities - Man Page Question - Enterprise Business Community

Thanks again for your reply ctsgnb, but I went thru all these manuals. As I mentioned before, these manuals mention at best the existance of the plugin or backup definition files.

No full syntax is provided.

Ofcourse I tried the man command. Specifying the section only has an added value if for a specific entry pages exist in different sections. If man cannot find an entry it's useless to add the section.

I also ran e.g. "find / -name omnibarlist\*"

No results.

As I expressed earlier, I suspect these man pages only have been available in older version of DP, or there exists a bundle somewhere which I dont know of.

Perhaps you should look into omnicreatedl command for specific creation of backup specification using command line.
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01631222/c01631222.pdf

You can check out your specification via omnirpt command.

omnirpt -report dl_info -datalist YourSpec

Unfortunatly, i have never directly edited the backup specification in such manner your mentioned so cannot help much.

Regards
Peasant.

Peasant,

Thanks again for your reply.

"omnicreatedl" is to create a backup specification of a specific type. So, this command only uses a subset of all options possible in a datalist file.

"omnirpt" only provides information "as is".

I'm really looking for the full syntax, so I either need those man pages or a document with the full description.

Found a version on an old HP-UX system.
The man pages for omnidatalist and omibarlist appear in chapter 4 (file formats) of the unix manual set where the footnote on each "man page" is:

Data Protector A.05.00: Jul. 2002

Actual package installed is "HP Openview Storage Data Protector A.05.50".

It seems to matter whether the package was installed as a Cell Manager. Client machines don't have those man pages.

Also found the two "man" pages on an old server which was historically a Cell Manager. The "man" page footnote is:

OmniBack II A.04.00 : Jun. 2001

No mention of omnisap.exe - but I don't have the SAP add-in.

Did you mention what version you have installed?

swlist | egrep -i "omni|protector"

Thanks Methyl,

This is finally some good news.

These systems have been maintained by someone else in the past. I can see DP 5.5 has been on the system once. When we got the systems the DP version was at 6.0 and currently we are on the latest version 6.2.

The version is not really relevant though.

I'm more than happy if you could send me those man pages of 5.5. It seems in the 6 versions those man pages are no longer part of the bundle.

I don't know if it is allowed to post those man pages as an attachment in here. If not I can send you a private message with an e-mail address where to send them.

It is logical for the man pages of "omnidatalist" and "omnibarlist" to be only present on the server running the cell manager. Basically they are the backup definition files, and therefor should be present on the server (cellmanager) and not the clients.

If a man page for "omnisap.exe" exists, it should be present on the Client running a sap application. Ofcourse the SAP plugin should be installed. The binary is on my system but doesn't have a help option.

Thanks for your help sofar

Manual compressed format is unsuitable for posting on this site and local rules prevent me sending by email.
Can you source these files from you licenced Data Protector 5.5 kit ?

Methyl,

No I can't. Systems were maintained by someone else before we got them. No 5.5 sw source bundle present at the system.

Looked at the HP site, but cannot download older versions, at least I cannot find it.