Looking for plotter MFP reviews - need new plotter for UNIX/Windows apps

We currently have an HP DesignJet 750C+ plotter (for color plotting) and a Xerox 8825 (for B/W plotting and also scanning/copying) for our engineering drawings.

They are getting old and will need replacing soon (maintenance visits are on the increase, and parts for the Xerox are getting hard to find, acc. to our service rep.) I'd like to replace both units with a one-device-does-all unit, but maybe that's not the way to go? It jumps the price up considerably.

What are some of the places you all go for recent reviews of devices like this? Reviews by sysadmins and other end users would be best.

Whatever plotter we end up purchasing needs to have Unix support (Solaris 10 - SunOS 5.10), as well as XP, Windows 7, and possibly Windows 8. In general, what printer company has the best driver support in Solaris?

The DesignJet 750+C has been a great plotter - an example of the statement "They don't make 'em like that anymore".

Some of the reviews I have been able to find aren't very favorable toward any of the new plotters.

I don't need "e-print" or cloud printing capabilities - only basic plotting from CAD programs (both UNIX-based and Windows-based) and copying/scanning large-size prints. Occasionally someone prints color charts from Excel for manufacturing.

Any feedback is appreciated!