Looking for equivalent of Solaris containers/zones in RHEL7 Linux

Hi, I come from a legacy Solaris background with lots of experience with Solaris Containers/zones that we use for network and process isolation from each other.

Currently we have a RHEL7 Linux VM running on VMWare, but we would like to segment that VM with some form of containers and achieve similar user/process isolation that we had in Solaris, including a separate network IP address for each zone. The goal is to run a non-standard Linux complied application in an isolated run-time instance, there are no known application container images out there.

So I wanted to get people's opinions on how best to achieve this type of container goal? With LXC, Docker, Kubernetes/Docker, something I haven't heard of?

Some time ago i would have added OpenVZ to the list, which is a para-virtualisation solution (basically a sort-of chroot environment, quite like a Solaris zone), but i as far as i know the future of it is (at least for an outsider like me) unclear at the moment. One of the sites i know of that are using it plan to switch over to Docker or may have already done so.

As far as i have seen it in action it looked like a rather mature and good solution and it was very ressource-friendly too.

I hope this helps.

bakunin