Looking for acceleratedX for system V

I am running an automated microscope (LIBRA) on SCO openserver.
I would like to set up the system on younger hardware but I am missing installation disks for acceleratedX (X inside inc).
Can anyone provide the disk contents ?
Thanks a lot!

You can simply clone your current disk(s) and install those disks in your new setup. :slight_smile:

I tried that already but the hardware differs too much, I guess. The OS did not start up.
On the other hand a fresh installation of sco open server runs on the same hardware.
Thanks for the hint, anyway.

I kinda' doubt "the hardware differs too much" (you have chosen not to provide that basic info...) but if you think so, please list the differences and any error messages you saw when you booted?

Maybe take a photo of the screen where it gets stuck....

OK, I tried it again. The goal was to migrate the system from a 133MHz PC (from 1998) to a 2GHz Maxdata Pentium Platform. The OS installed is SCO open server 5.0.2.
Special feature is a matrox comet pci card for graphics input and output, combined with this AcceleratedX in Version 1.2.
I copied the harddisk with dd bs=512 and put it to the new hardware. On the first boot I get a NLM RPC error. I fixed that by deleting several rows in /etc/hosts. Now it boots to console and starts scologin. There it gets stuck and shows nothing but a blinking cursor on tty2. Changing tty works. I can stop scologin and start it again without difference.

Any idea? Is there a log file, that might report details?

Update: I added a mouse. Thanks to richc for the hint!
Now the scologin displays a distorted welcome image screen (anouncing acceleratedX), before it freezes.
But no tty change possible anymore.

Can you put the old video card in the new system?

1 Like

Yes, I have 2 matrox comet, that both run on the old system. I once changed them when I had a system date problem. On that time I had thought it might be a hardware defect but finally I just had to set the system date on something before 2015.

There is an entire thread on this topic from September 2015
Strange behaviour on Openserver 5.0.2 after 09/2015

Yes, I noticed that (much later). Unfortunately I could not find this "inofficial" patch oss603a.