Login to diff server w/o prompts for passwd

Is there any way to login to another server with out getting prompted for the password? Is there a way to embed the password in a script and use either telnet or rlogin (or some other prg)?

I need to do some file manipulation on several servers for out ORACLE 10g RAC and need to automated so that our ops-personnel can do this work. This has to be "idiot-proof", i.e. no user (ops) input.

THX in advance for any advice!

see "man rsh" (remsh on HP), "man ssh" --- search for setup tips in this forum ... i always try to avoid putting in passwords in scripts or files as that is asking for disaster ... good luck!

I agree with JustIce. You will want to use SSH. You can set up an account which is trusted between two servers then that account can ssh from one to the other without ever being asked for a password. Where I work we use that technique to allow scripts run on our admin server to push files to other servers in a cron job without needing any input.

You can also #rlogin to the machine once it gets trusted.

actually, you don't even need that .... running just "remsh $hostname" without any other arguments will get you a remote shell ...

however, the op wants to automate a task as "idiot-proof" as possible and a remote interactive shell --- whether by remsh, rlogin or ssh --- is not the best thing to do in this case ...