Loading SCO 507 on HP ProLiant ML350 G6

This is my first load of SCO OpenServer v5.0.7 on a HP ProLiant ML350 G6. When it asks me to identify the source media it can't find it no matter how I respond. The SCO compatible page says it used the on board SATA DVD-ROM on Port 2 of the embedded SATA controller with "Legacy IDE emulation (as default)". I can't find any configuration area for the SATA ports anywhere. Is there a boot string I can use to get this to work?

Does this partially answer your question.
SCO |

Thanks for the reply. That is the document I originally referenced and it did help. I had downloaded the wrong driver. Once I reread the document and downloaded the correct driver it worked fine.

It worked fine for me,,, until trying to run the Broadcom Diagnostic program to disable ASF on the embedded network card. The macine boots up from the CD,,,fine.
Then gives a menu to load to HD.
then fails as it cannot find the CDROM.
How did you get around this as this machine has a SATA CDrom as in the SCO checklist.
Help!,,,,,or if you have a different way of disabling ASF then please let me know.
Thanks
Griff

I have now sorted this machine.
Managed to disable the "ASF" by using a cutdown copy of freedos ona floppy and puting on program B57udiag.exe.
Used the usb floppy drive.
Network now working fine.
Many thanks
Griff

Buongiorno, ho letto i vostri commenti e spero che qualcuno di voi � riuscito ad installare SCO Openserver 507 su ML350 G6...chiedo se era possibile avere qualche informazione a riguardo.

GRAZIE!!

Please check this link, it helps for 507 and 6 of SCO.

SCO |

Griff

Just built my 2nd ML350G6 with SCO.
First 1 is running fine after discovering how to disabel ASF for the network.
The 2nd has on a few occasions crached due to a panic.
This machine is identical to the first, same drivers etc.
Panic is : PANIC: k_trap - Kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E

The last time is happened was when shuting it down.

It got as far as stopping print services then "Panic".

Anyone else had problems with these machines and SCO. Griff

ox0000000E is typically a memory malfunction.
Here: What caused my computer to panic with trap type 0x0000000E?

and: Techniques to help identify the failing function of a kernel panic.

If your application software will allow it, 6.0 is significantly faster than 5.0.7
I have had no problems with the two Proliants that I support; one is a ML350 the other a ML150. Both run 6.0.0