Linux software on AIX 5.3

Hi Team,

On a client requirement, we need to install below Linux software on IBM AIX 5.3 operating system,

• Apache Maven 3.2.3
  • MySQL 5.1.73,
  • Sonarqube 4.1.2,
  • Apache Tomcat 7.0.42,
  • Jenkins 1.549

Please tell us whether above tool versions are compatible to AIX 5.3

If you can get the installer for the above software for the correct OS version, then I don't see why there would be a problem. If there is no installer for your OS version, then I would doubt it.

If you can find an installer, but only for a newer OS, then you might be able to use that, but there are no guarantees. There may be pre-requisites or dependencies on new functions available on the later AIX.

What does the supplier of the tools allow?

Robin

The other option is a source code install, but you'll need XL C installed. There may also be requirements for the installation of additional dependencies.

AIX 5.3 is getting on a bit now, perhaps your client would consider an upgrade - this may well make things a bit easier as far as the software goes.

The final option would be to look for something that is equivalent to the XAMPP stack, where every thing is bundled and there are no compatibility issues - although I'm not sure that there is an AIX equivalent.

Regards

Dave

Also try the Bull AIX Software Site.
Welcome to Bull AIX freeware site

1 Like

Thanks for your inputs...I'll post here If I find any challenges