Linux admin

Hi,

Please give some important admin command document . which is helpful in my role.

THanks,
Mani

You mean like the man man (Linux) pages? You'll have to learn to be much more specific with your questions if you want helpful answers.

Oh ok. Actually what i have expect, anyone having important document related to linux admin role.

General administration, networking, special services (Apache, SSH, Samba, Tomcat, NFS, ...), storage, database, ...? Or day-to-day usage? There are a lot of administration fields out there, and documents useful for one type can be completely useless for another.

Again, you'll have to be more specific. You didn't even tell us what kind of documentation you need. How-Tos? Tutorials? Command references? Technical documentation? Tailored for a specific distribution (who usually provide a lot of docs on the respective web pages) or generalized?

Command references/Technical documentation

Apache, SSH, Samba, Tomcat, NFS, storage, database,installation softwares packages and patch.

day-to-day usage as well as Command references.

Thanks,
Mani

yes i agree with pludi.you have to be specific with the questions.this url might help u to some extent. http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~srihari_kalgi/workshop.pdf

Various guides for CentOS 5
Guides for RHEL
Documentation for Debian
And the same for SLES

As you see, there's a wealth of free documentation out there, you'll just have to look for it. IMO, the most important ability of any administrator worth that title is that they can look up information themselves, and ask specific questions if they don't quite get it.

1 Like

Oh sure. I will follow the same in my feature pludi.

Thanks for advice as well as given documentation.

Thanks,
Mani

l'd tend to recommend the Network and System administration guides as a starting point for anyone setting out in administration.