line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all,
I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but...
I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even sure what a good reference guide would be. Any suggestions on a good Shell scripting book, textbook, or tutorial website?

Here is my main question though, I am using TextWrangler to create a shell script loop that I will eventually add a whole bunch of GenericMappingTools commands into in order to make different jpegs as frames for an animation. But I am getting a "line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file" message when I try to run this simple script:

#!/bin/bash
#testscript

set i=0
while ($i<=5)
set AGE=$i

echo Making basegrid $AGE...

@ i++

end

echo Finished

I am sure something very simple (and most likely very obvious) is missing here but I'm pretty stumped and googling the problem is hard because it seems that shell scripting serves an incredible range of purposes.

Thanks very much for the help!

That looks like C-shell code, not BASH.

To do it in BASH:

#!/bin/bash

for ((N=1; N<=5; N++))
do
        echo "making basegrind $AGE"
done

A moment's googling would net you the advanced bash scripting guide.

Being so new to this game, it's hard to even know what to google for. Thanks very much for the reply.