License for test/dev

Hi
We have open sco 6.0 license that we have installed on our production server.

I have setup a test server to test the application and any other change before moving to production,. the test server is has the evaluation license which expires every two months.

My first question is can I load the production base license on the test server too, or will that create a problem.

is there available a minimum user license for Open sco 6.0 that can be purchased. I asked my supplier and the price give had not much difference than the production license. The times are tough and it is difficult to get approval for the price that is same as production license.

Please share how have you setup you test server, and how cheap can I get a base license.

tia

You can install the production license on both servers, as long as both machines are on different networks. It is still a violation of the license agreement though.
You could purchase the single user version:
OpenServer 6 Starter Edition - 2-Users, 1-CPU, 1GB
LA250-UX00-6.0
LA250-UX00W-6.0
This version restricts you to the console and 2 telnet/ssh sessions along with the 1gb memory restriction.

1 Like

what is development kit License, Can I use that for the test server. Its part number is LA205-UX00W-6.0.

Please comment.

Thanks

The development kit is the C compiler, libraries and various utilities to publish software using custom to install.

1 Like

The upgrade license is half the price of the starter licene. I have one 5.0.6 installed in old server but cant find the paper and also due to change in management do not know if that has been used for upgrade as I have one 6.0 also running. Can I just go and get the upgrade starter license and install it on test server. Because it will be easier for me to expense the upgrade license cost then to buy the starter. Can any one quote me a good price.

You cannot install the upgrade license for 6.0 without a valid 5.0.X license. The installation process will ask for the old license data. If you use the same 5.0.x license on two machines on the same network, one of the machines will shut down.
You can tell what licenses were used on the currently running 6.0 by displaying the license data in scoadmin.