Jumpstart Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150 Hangs

We had to replace a hard drive in one of our Sun Blade 150s, but now it hangs during the Jumpstart. It will show 1 or 2 Timeout for ARP/RARP messages and then start the spinning numbers. It always stops at 2ae00 and just hangs there.
We have 1 combined jumpstart server and it is also our NIS+ master.
We have tried several different Sun Blade 150 workstations and we've even changed the names and the IP to make sure there wasn't something confilicting that we didn't know about.
We know the jumpstart server is working. We were able to successfully jumpstart a Sun Blade 2000 last week while we were having issues with the 150s.
I tried snoop and didn't see any obvious errors. It just goes along and then stops. I google this problem and noticed some others had this issue. One of them stopped/restarted the nfs.client & nfs.server processes and did a shareall. We tried this and it didn't help.
I noticed that tftpboot process doesn't seem to be starting. I thought this was necessary for the jumpstart process.
Any help would be appreciated. We've been trying to get this jumpstart going for over a week and the customer is losing patience.

V/r
Jeff

I will give you a clue, you can try that.
When you run add_install_client , a file will be updated. Identify that file and ensure that your host is shown as the first entry. smae goes to ethers file as well. What file will be updated by running add_install_client :cool:

I double (triple/quadruple) checked the hosts & sysidcfg files created by the add_install_client. I also checked the NIS+ ethers.org_dir file and the Mac/Ethernet addtess is good.

Thanks for the reply.
Jeff

I forgot earlier, but I checked the /etc/bootparams file and the files under /etc/tftpboot too.

Jeff

It's hard to give a specific answer when all we have is "I checked this and it looks ok" or "it worked before".
I'd suggest the following, since the process hangs at the remote boot:
1.-Make sure that the jumpstart directory where the boot files are is properly shared.
2.- Remove the client from the jumpstart with rm_install_client
3.- remove everything from the /tftpboot directory
4.- Erase bootparams, ethers, and any host in hosts that doesn't need to be there.
5.- Add the client back, and try the jump again.

We finally got it working. It was the XVR-500 video card that wouldn't let Openwin start. Taking it out and jumpstarting it worked. Then we put the card back in and added the packages for it manually.

Thanks for your help.
Jeff