Jumpstart from DVD

I want to have a bootable DVD that will perform a jumpstart install of Solaris 10 x86 I've mainly used JumpStart DVD (with Solaris flash archive) for x86 platform as a reference, and I used the sysidcfg, profile, rules, etc. from a working jumpstart server. For the life of me, though, I cannot get the sysidcfg file to be read! At first I was placing it in tmp/root/etc/ with the default symlink in etc/ pointing to it, and that left me at the text window prompting for a keyboard. When I deleted the symlink and copied sysidcfg to /etc in x86.miniroot, I get the GUI screen that basically lets you know it'll prompt for the stuff that goes in sysidcfg

Is there any specific file permissions or anything like that for a DVD? The content of my files is, again, EXACTLY what I have on a working jumpstart server, so I have to assume there's some additional bit of magic sauce I need with a DVD, but there is very little info out there about jumpstarting from a DVD as opposed to a server.

Between Building A Solaris 10 Recovery DVD - Phoronix and placing the sysidcfg file in /etc of the miniroot (as opposed to following the default symlink to /tmp/root/etc/sysidcfg), it's reading that config. It looks like I had an issue with the profile. I changed my rules file to 'any - begin profile finish' and fleshed out the network config in sysidcfg.

Now, after booting, I get "An error has occurred in configuring the system. Please go back and check your settings." /var/sadm/system/logs/sysidtool.log is the only log file I can find that seems relevant. It has a line "get_net_ipaddr: returend FAILURE: e1000g0 is probably already 0.0.0.0" 'ifconfig -a' agrees... e1000g0 became unnumbered. If I use ifconfig to bring it up, that doesn't get me anywhere. Earlier in sysidtool.log, there are multiple references to e1000g0 having the correct IP address. It appears that something is making it unconfigure or renumber the interface and give up.