Issue with mounting the file system .

Hi gurus,

Need your help ,
Am facing some issue with one of the ext3 file system.while rebooting it failed to mount fs after running fsck i tried manuall but still no luck.However i made the machine up but am unable to mount file system can some one please help me.

root@vm258902]~# cat /etc/fstab
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
LABEL=INSTALL /customer/INSTALL ext3 defaults 1 2 <<<<<<<<<<
LABEL=INSTALL_01 /customer/INSTALL_01 ext3 defaults 1 2

root@vm258902]~# mount /customer/INSTALL
mount: special device LABEL=INSTALL does not exist
[root@vm258902]~# e2label /customer/INSTALL
e2label: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read while trying to open /customer/INSTALL
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

Can some one pls help me i struck at this point .

Have you tried mounting with the below command

#mount /dev/<particulat_partition> /customer/INSTALL

Could you share the O/P of fdisk -l

Thanks
Rajkumar.M

It's giving you the reason for not mounting in the output of your mount command:

mount: special device LABEL=INSTALL does not exist

So it's not able to find a filesystem with a label of "INSTALL" we need to figure out what the proper label for the filesystem is, which you can usually do with the blkid command's output. That will give you high level filesystem information (including filesystem label). If it's in the output but there's no label is assigned to it, you can either change /etc/fstab to mount the block device directly or use e2label on the block device (your use of e2label didn't work because you're using it on the directory you're mounting the filesystem on rather than the block device that the filesystem is on).

If you give us the output of blkid we can bring you through this step-by-step.