Issue while Rsync

hi All,

i am using Rsync from my Production server to Drill server, it has copied most of the direcoties/files available on the source server to the production server. but i have seen a strange situation here. like in one of the directory it has copied maximum of the files but later on it got failed with permission denied error:

rsync: mkstemp "/apps/vcr/appl/vcrdftp/put/atlas_drop/.Reverse_Feed_Code_08282013.dat.h5airg" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/apps/vcr/appl/vcrdftp/put/atlas_drop/.Reverse_Feed_Code_08292013.dat.i5airg" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/apps/vcr/appl/vcrdftp/put/atlas_drop/.Reverse_Feed_Code_08302013.dat.j5airg" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync: mkstemp "/apps/vcr/appl/vcrdftp/put/atlas_drop/.Reverse_Feed_Code_08312013.dat.k5airg" failed: Permission denied (13)

i am not getting to know the exact cause of this. please suggest.

It looks to me like the user you are writing the file as doesn't have permissions on those dirs, check the ownership and permissions of all the directories in that target tree (as an issue up the tree will affect you)

yes, you're right. we din't have permission earlier on that directory. it has been given now and issue is resolved.

Thank you