Is web programming is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about web programming. I wonder if it is a part of computer science. I have looked the course catalog ( elective course) but can find anything relate to web programming. So can you tell me more about web programming is that a new major or something. I just want to hear some information about what field I should go in the next 2 year ( junior and senior year)

I would say something like

html (web basis) you will then drift to php, javascript, and whatever...

python, java (for their cross-plateform & portative hability)

perl, C , shell (for admininstration)

LISP, ASM (for becoming real geek)

:slight_smile:

Web programming (as you put it) is a field of software programming, with the user interface being a site in a web browser instead of a native GUI.

Or maybe you mean web design, which concerns itself with the visual representation of a web site instead of the functionality behind it. This is a field of user interface design.

Didn't you ask this before? Why not respond to some of the responses in all the threads you made before?