Is web programming is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about web programming. I wonder if it is a part of computer science. I have looked the course catalog ( elective course) but can find anything relate to web programming. So can you tell me more about web programming is that a new major or something. I just want to hear some information about what field I should go in the next 2 year ( junior and senior year)

If it's anything like my university was, computer science has the emphasis on science. In the end it was a whole lot of different kinds of esoteric math. As such I don't think web programming is part of a high-level CS curriculum, the same way you won't find automotive mechanics in high-level physics -- it's just another application of the subject, it doesn't cut to the heart of the matter.

Check in other curriculum's, maybe you can find something more practical as an elective. Sometimes engineering has its own programming classes.