Is nagios monitoring tool supported on AIX 7.1 ?

Hi,

is any one using nagios monitoring solution on AIX ? if yes, is it supported on AIX 7.1 TL 03 as well ?

I tried to search online and unix.com , could not find it.

Thank you

Funny question... Why should it not?
Nagios is not a solution but more a toolkit, you will have all the customisation and more to do...
But it works we use it on many aix including 7.1

1 Like

Thank you vbe. Actually some software products may not work in latest versions right?
so that's why i asked the question. sorry, if it is is a silly question. And i could not locate supported OS versions on nagios site. instead they just mentioned saying that, it supports AIX, linux and distros..etc.

Thanks for the information.

Nagios is open Source software meaning, that there is no specific version for an OS, from what I remember you are to check you have all prerequisites and need to compile it so on your AIX you need a C compiler, though we do IBM C compiler but on limited boxes, I tend to use gcc when compiling open source because it often asks for latest version of.. last libs of etc... so I keep both worlds separate

Thank you. This helps.

You can monitor AIX from a Nagios Manager without any Nagios plugins using SNMP. See AIX information for snmpd, aixmibd, hostmibd, and snmpmibd.

IBM Knowledge Center

IBM Knowledge Center

IBM Knowledge Center

IBM Knowledge Center

1 Like