Is it possible to revert a file after overwriting it ?

Long story short, there was some sort of corruption with my ide and the script I was working on has been over written with nothing (the file is blank now). The IDE doesn't store a back up from what I know (I'm using notepadd++ in wine lol I know I know I'm addictted to the nppftp sidebar and geany won't suppor this.).

Anyway, so I'm wondering if I can somehow revert the file with some sort of linux command. I have my doubts though ;_;

If you didn't make a backup, you unfortunately don't have a backup. Overwriting a file is even more dicey than deleting it, deleted files may leave partial contents floating around in unallocated disk sectors, overwriting it may actually trash it so there's literally nothing left.

I can't speak for notepad++ though. It might have made temporary files and, given it crashed, not deleted them. Check for temporary files in /tmp/ as well as any recently-modified files under where WINE keeps temp files for Windows and your user (probably ~/.wine/ )

If you want to look contents floating around in raw disk, stop using that disk immediately, boot a livecd, and scan that partition with magicrescue for ASCII text files. It will find text files on your system, potentially in fragments, and save them as numbered files. You'll likely have a ton of files to pick through and sadly aren't guaranteed to find what you want at all.