Internet connection failed on solaris 10

Hi,
i am new bie on solaris ,i just installed it on vmware. i tryed to connect to the internet from solaris but it failed.
during the installation i ignore the DHCP and i assign a fixed ip address to the host.
is that has an impact on internet access ? and if so how to add another interface eth0 for exemple?? how to configure the addon interface to connect to the internet ??
thanks

Post output of the command (run it as root):

ifconfig -a

please use the search function before posting. connecting solaris to the internet is a common question around here and you should find lots of answers.

for the interface question... read the manpage for the command "ifconfig". this should answer most of your questions about handling NICs in solaris.

examples

# ifconfig -a
# ifconfig if_name plumb

also read the (realy good) solaris admin guide. you can find it at http://docs.sun.com

lo0: flags=2001000849<UP, LOOPBACK, RUNNING, MULTICAST, VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP, BROADCAST, RUNNING, MULTICAST, IPV4> mtu 1500 index 2
inet 192.168.2.105 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.2.255

---------- Post updated at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:43 AM ----------

ok really sorry for the inconvenience, i need to use solaris to install a Solaris nrpe daemon or just for that . So i don't want to spend more time on it really i need to finish my project.
when i search the net i came across your forums.
thanks for ur help and sorry again.