Instructions to Clear Data Cache in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera Browsers (Pictures)

Here are instructions to clear the data cache for four browsers, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera. In these examples I'm using MacOS Mojave, but it should be similar for any OS.

You can use these instructions to to clear and reload the cache if you have any issues with the Vue.js UserCP (current version is Screeching Frog 0.7456, so you should see a version higher than 0.7456)

In each case, after clearing the cache and saving, you should quit the browser completely and restart.

Chrome

Chrome: Menu Selection:

Chrome: Menu Options:

Firefox

Firefox: Menu Selection

Firefox: Menu Option -> Clear Data

Firefox: Menu Option -> Clear Data -> Cached Web Content

Safari

Safari: Menu Selection:

Safari: Menu Options -> Manage Website Data

Safari: Search for Unix.com, Delete and Save:

Opera

Opera: Menu Selection:

Opera: Menu Options -> Clear Browsing Data

Unfortunately, in most circumstances, you must completely quit your browser and restart to insure the cache clears properly and the new web data (HTML, Javascript, CSS) will properly reload.

2 Likes

I spent quite a bit of time on this "clear the cache" issue, and found that only Safari will clear the cache (regarding downloaded JS files) and reload properly (command r) when the browser is reloaded without quitting the browser.

However, Chrome, Firefox and Opera all require (me at least) to quit their browser completely and restart before the page (after clearing the cache) so the page will properly reload with fresh JS.

Strange, really.