Installing Solaris 10

Hi All,

Il jump straight in.. Iv been asked to install Sun Solaris 10 for a friend and Il be honest.. Iv never installed one before.. Iv looked at some documentation on installing but nbothing to represent my problem..

I downloaded the Solaris 10 Software from sun.com on 5 cd`s.. burnt them to CD.. Im trying to get them to boot from a formatted IBM machine.. Iv changed the BIOS to boot from CD DRIVE so.. I put CD1 in booted up and ...... error :mad: "NTLDR is missing". I cannot for the life of me get this going and any help AT ALL would be much appreciated. :smiley:

your machine obviously tries to boot from some NTFS or FAT partition.

i) remove any usb sticks or floppy disks
ii) have you burnt that iso image as iso image? (not as a file onto the disc)
iii) does any other boot cd (Windows Install Disc, Knoppix, ...) work correctly on that machine?

Thanks for the reply,

Im actually doing this at work so have no windows cd to try.. I just burnt the CD`s from download so assumed it would be ready..This is the first install iv done so im sorry if my details are a little shady..

how do I burn the iso image to the CD from file?

Thanks again.:smiley:

Which program do you use? Konqueror e.g. has "Tools" -> "burn cd image". Nero has some extra point besides "new data cd" like "burn image to disc" for that.