Installing openSSH 3.5p1 on Solaris 5.6

Hello,

I have installed OpenSSH_3.5p1 On Solaris 5.6. Specifically, I have installed these packages:

OBSDssh-3.5p1-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg

DJBdaemon-0.76-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg

ANDIrand-0.7-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg

All three packages have installed successfully. From this point, I can not find any README or INSTALL files. I'm looking for installation instructions. Can you help me?

Thanks

http://www.sunfreeware.com/openssh26-7.html

sunfreeware have all the required packages.

hi porter, thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I keep running into this. The 2.6 equivalent packages on sunfreeware.com are all for opensh4.3p2 - whereas I need to have 3.5p1 to duplicate a customer's environment.

Do you think i can follow the instructions in the link and just use my 3.5p1 ssh and use all the other depenedent packages as shown in the link?

Any other advice - this is driving me bananas :eek:

thx for your help

I think you should give it a go and report your success. :slight_smile:

Incorrect...Steve keeps all the old versions of all the packages and just keeps the latest version he has on the front page

just browse:
ftp://ftp.sunfreeware.com/pub/freeware/sparc/2.6

and get ssh and the other dependencies.

thx all.

I am stuck right now. I am following the directions as per:

http://www.sunfreeware.com/openssh26-7.html

However - for example in step 3 (getting enthropy) - there's directions based on the location for prngd - /usr/local/etc/prngd/. However - in trying to reproduce the exact environment of my customer - I am using their randon number generator ANDIrand-0.7-sparc-sun4u-5.6.pkg.

Furthermore, the instructions refer to openssh being installed in /usr/local/bin and ssh being in /usr/local/sbin/sshd - However the openssh I have the customer is installed in /opt/OBSDssh/bin/openssh.

How can I make sense of this?

Packages being in different directories should not cause a major problem, indeed it's why you have configuration files to tell things where to find other things.

Where is your "egc.pl"? Have you managed to test the pool yet?

thansk to everyone. Turns out i'm an idiot.

The packages I listed above are all that's required.

Once the packages are installed, you can start the ssh daemon via

/etc/init.d/openssh.server

Turns out that originally, this wasnt working because I was erroneously installing these packages onto A solaris 2.51 machine and not 2.6. I'm blaming a co-worker for this :smiley:

thanks again everyone

Thanks for confirming your success.