Installing from the network

I have been trying to solve this problem for the last two days.

I am trying to install Solaris into Sun Ultra1 from the network. my server is sun blade 100. I have upgraded the PROM of the Ultra1. I keep getting this error:

Retrying ... Check TFTP server and network setup.

the set up for the boot server is set up fine. Anybody who can help is welcome.

Thank a lot.

Quick checks:
Are you running either a tftpd or have the tftp service available in inetd?
Ditto for dhcp or bootp?
/etc/ethers, /etc/hostname set up correctly with your client settings?
Have you run setup_install_server or something similar on the blade100?

If those are all ok, you can look further by doing the following:
Run a packet sniffer (tcpdump or snoop for examples) on your blade100 looking for ARP and RARP packets (you only need one but I keep forgetting which one's which :D).
Try to boot the Ultra1 on the network and watch the dump output. You should see the Ultra1 sending (R)ARP requests onto the local network.
If you see these, check the MAC matches what you have in your dhcp/bootp ethernet config (generally this is /etc/ethers on solaris).
If you have the right MAC, try looking to see if your jumpsart server (the Blade100) is replying correctly (again via tcpdump or snoop).

If that's working right, move on to the tftp step (where it passes a kernel across to the Ultra1) and repeat the process (ie more packet sniffing but looking for the next stage in the boot process).

If that works, you then look for NFS traffic indicating where it's looking for the OS image.

Lastly the NFS traffic to find the install media.

I am trying to do install over the network. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
I have sunblade100 that is my Dhcp and my install server. I first want to make sure about the ethers and bootparams database. Do I edit these files on the server or on the client. Also how do you edit the ethers file when the client's name is Unknow cause the Dhcp server gives it a host name. Please help me with this.

Thank you.

aliban83, please do not create more than one thread for the same topic. If you have any updates to give regarding your problem, you can post again in the same thread. I have merged the threads.

Dragon the sunblade is both the dhcp and install server. when i do snoop on the sunblade i can see the client's requests. Well my real question is how do you set up /etc/ethers and /etc/bootparams. do you set them up on the client or on the server.

Sorry I just didn't get response on my previouse one so I was trying to rephrace it. but i'll remember to merge them.
QUOTE=blowtorch;302163135]aliban83, please do not create more than one thread for the same topic. If you have any updates to give regarding your problem, you can post again in the same thread. I have merged the threads.
[/quote]