Installing CentOS 5.5 on Virtual Box

Hi,

I have installed VirtualBox, downloaded CentOS 5.5 and created a VirtualMachine where i have installed the 'server' versi�n of CentOS 5.5

As I installed Virtual Box a new network device appeared '192.16.1.250' in my 'real' machine. I was unable to reach my webserver so i istalled CentOS once more with the server gui trying to get more information... inside my vm my IP is 10.0.2.15 i can reach apache using localhost or 10.0.2.15 but i can't reach my server from outside the vm... i have tried both 192.162.1.250 and 10.0.2.15 from other computers in the same net, but i dont any respone.

I can load websites in my vm so i have internet access. I have disabled the firewall in the vm but that doesn't solve the problem... any clue where the problem is?

With Virtual Box I've always added a host only virtual network card in order to reach the guest from the host:

File -> Preferences -> Network -> Add Host Only Network.

Then configure your guest to use it (through the settings menu).

I'm sure I'm missing something, but this one always worked.

I will try and post, thx.

---------- Post updated at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:39 AM ----------

I have done as you told me and now the vm centos machine, takes some minutes 'Determinig IP information for eth0' and ends up with an error...

You should leave eth0 as is: dynamic IP with NAT.
You should add/configure another Network Adapter on the VM that
uses the new host only network: go to the settings of the VM:

Network -> Adapter 2 (I'm not sure about the exact translation, I have it in Italian :)) 
-> Select Host Only Network and then select the newly created 
network. 

Done, doesn't work for me.

I was making some tests with these options and i made it work with the 'Bridge Adapter' option. But i guess that if so i can only have 1 VM on this machine...

However i'm only building the server for development pruposes so it will be enought.

Thanks for the help.

If you decide to try it again later, let me know. Currently on my notebook
I have a two node Oracle 11gR2 RAC, and a three node Oracle Application Server,
all with static IP addresses, without any problem.
Actually, there is one: 6G of RAM are insufficient to start all five nodes at the same time :).