Installation procedure of tape drive in OS ver 5.6

Hi,

I'm executing the command devfsadm to check the tape drive as I did to 5.9 version but it gives me this message "devfsadm: not found" Is it different command to check the tape drive in 5.6 version?

Thansk in advance.

yes, in solaris 6 you had to use "drvconfig", "devlinks" and "tapes", i think "devfsadm" has been included since solaris 8... (or 7? hmm, long long time ago :wink: )

regards pressy

Haloo Pressy Thank you very much tape drive is now detected.
I also have external drive an SCSI drive what is the command to have this detected on the system, tried to ran iostat -En and no external device found

appreciate your help and sorry for always asking you know I'm a newbies in this OS :smiley:

for disks the commands would be:
"drvconfig", "devlinks" and "disks"

gP

Hi pressy the device still not show up do you know what is the reason?
I checked the connection of the cable and its plug in and the 2nd node has terminated. What do you think?

hmm, perhabs there is a problem with the dynamic reconfiguration... could you reboot the server? ... then you could try to make a reconfiguration boot invoking "reboot -- -r"

gP

Hello Pressy Its me again.

Device is now detected but it shows an error during start-up "SCSI BUS Message OUT Phase parity error" anyway if I do the iostat -En

it appears the external drive:
c0t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: SEAGATE Product: ST373405LW Revision: 0003 Serial No: 3EK1NV7H
RPM: 10040 Heads: 8 Size: 73.40GB <73404694528 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 0 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0

I reviewed our documentation on this server at it appears that there is a mount point /bulk how i able to mount these since the external drive is already detected.

Appreciate your help.

you need to know on which slice the data is, then you can use, e.g. for slice 0:
mount -F ufs /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s0 /bulk

gP