Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot .
Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB
PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the Installation of Solaris 10

You have 2 solutions, but it depends on what do you want to do with the x86 installations.

• Solution 1(and best for practices): Install Solaris x86 on a virtual machine,

Use a program such as MS Virtual PC or VMware, create a virtual machine and install your solaris in there, it it pretty quick and straight forward, no risk, no mess.

• Solution 2, dual boot

Partition your hard disk using a partioning tool, such as partition magic, or any other, Solaris needs at least 6GB of HDD for its full installtion. Do not format, just leave it empty.

Upon solaris instalation point you instalation to the empty space.

hopefully these above help.

If you just want to practice solaris, use Microsoft Virtual PC, you can download it from Microsoft Corporation. it is for free and very easy to use... you'll love it!