Installation error for Kernel Re-build

Hi All,

While installing a Service Pack on my Unix Solaris machine, i got the following error:

UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: undefined symbol: CHROOT_SECURITY
UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: non-constant initializer: op "NAME"
UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Compile/link of 'Driver_atup.o space.c' for fs module failed.
Exit code = 256

The UNIX operating system did not build correctly after the update.
After this error the installation aborted. Please advice me on how i can re-build the kernel properly.

Thanks,
Am

Hmm, this doesn't looks like a Solaris error.
You do not want to rebuild a Solaris kernel anyway.
What is this service pack ?

This is a Service Pack released by AVAYA. but it need to rebuild the kernel in the end. There i am getting this error and the installation aborts after that

am_yadav, please run the command "uname -a" and post the result. Thanks.

NODENAME:/> uname -a
UnixWare NODENAME 5 7.1.1 i386 x86at SCO UNIX_SVR5

Yep, as I suspected, that's not at all a Solaris O/S.
This thread should be moved to the SCO forum.

Thanks. I will move it to correct forum.

Hi All,

While installing a Service Pack on my Unix Solaris machine, i got the following error:

UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: undefined symbol: CHROOT_SECURITY
UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: non-constant initializer: op "NAME"
UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Compile/link of 'Driver_atup.o space.c' for fs module failed.
Exit code = 256

The UNIX operating system did not build correctly after the update.
After this error the installation aborted. Please advice me on how i can re-build the kernel properly.

Thanks,
Am

Usually when that error appears on a relink means that the installating screw it all, so my best advice, backp all information, if the kernel doesn't boot, then use on boot: unix.old which is the last kernel before relink, so if you had a media to backup just use it, later must reinstall the SO, when i got that error I usually do this, because it's more difficult to recover the kenel and the files space.c and all others that screw the kernel, hope it helps you

Thanks. I have the tape backup