install windows on mac

Hello all,

i want to install windows on mac and when i search i found that there is a program called Parallels Desktop to install windows on mac but i want it on the laptop not on the program does it work? or there is another anyway to install it on mac..??

Thanks in advanced

I would recommend Sun Virtual Box for this task. I have Windows 7 running perfect on my macbook pro. The best part of all is it's free unlike Parallels.

VirtualBox

Good Luck Friend,

Jaysun

You mean, would Windows work on the mac directly, instead of inside Parallels Desktop? While not theoretically impossible, its certainly not easy since the firmware in an Apple machine is very different. It might be questionably legal to do so and could leave you with a nonfunctioning or partially-functioning machine.

if you own a new (intel based) mac, there is no problem in running windows direct on the hardware. there is a tool called "bootcamp" to make the necessary configuration. everthing is explained inside the tool...

good luck,
DN2

Thanks alot i tried virtual box and it works :wink: thanks for ur efforts

You had better luck with VirtualBox than I did. I tried a Windows 7 RC VM with it and found it to be pretty slow. Eventually I deleted the VM and Boot Camped it instead, and it runs at native speeds. :cool: I still use VirtualBox to run Debian.

Boot Camp...?

yes...!

Boot camp info can be found on apple's website in the support area. You can google it or go to apples website and type slash "/" support slash bootcamp. There is installation and download information there.