Install cd won't work

Hi! I'm sure that somebody here installed freeBSD from a download of a virtual disc (.iso). But I made 5 downloads of 5 differents freeBSD installation (and no one has worked).Can somebody tell me where to download and how (if needed) to prepare the cd?

You'll have to be a bit more specific on "does not work"? Are you trying to install BSD in a virtual machine or a physical machine? Did you burn the image to disc, if so, how? What files are shown when you insert the disc to a working machine?

1 Like

-No one has worked=installs(no one wans to boot when on the cd).
-I am trying to install it on a physical machine.
-I've extracted the files with WIN RAR and put them on the cd.

And for the last question, I need first to know how to put images that are on my computer into a message.

Don't extract them with anything. .iso files are CD images, containing more than just the files that can be extracted, but also non-file information that is required to boot the CD. Instead, open your burning program, and choose an option that sounds like "Burn image to disc". Then choose the downloaded image, burn it (including closing the CD), and boot from that.

1 Like

Can you recommand me a burning program?(ps.:Nero doesn't work on my current Service Pack(I have Windows XP with SP2))

If it's just simple image burning/manual backups: InfraRecorder (GPL'd)

1 Like

I burned it and it doesn't boot at startup.

Is the computer you're trying to install on set to try booting from CD first? You'll have to get into the BIOS to check that.

Also, "I burned it and it doesn't boot at startup." doesn't really tell us anything helpful. Give us some more information if you want a really helpful answer. Does it even attempt to boot from the CD? Is there an error message, and if so what does it say? Did you change/check any options in the BIOS? Were there any warnings when burning the CD?

Can you ensure that when looking into the BIOS right after start up (usually by pressing the Del-key) that the CD-ROM is actually listed in the boot order? If it is, then does it take precedence over the hard drive?
You are also sure that you did not perform any extraction after downloading the iso file and the burning was done in iso format (as opposed to audio or something else)?