Inserting lines from one file to a sorted list

Hello friends! I am working a Psychology/Neuro* project where I am sorting inline citations by category. The final step of the process has me a little stuck. I need to take citations from a text list and sort them in another text file.

Here is a file X example
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another study found that among patients with schizophrenia, the greater the amount of D2 receptor activation in the prefrontal cortex, the greater the cognitive  impairment (Meyer-Lindenberg et al., 2002)

Schizophrenia is associated with lower than normal release of glutamate and fewer than normal receptors in the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus (Akbarian et al., 1995;Ibrahim et al., 2000; Tsai et al., 1995).

PCP is Chapter 15 Mood Disorders and Schizophrenia is an interesting model for schizophrenia in other regards also (Farber, Newcomer, & Olney, 1999; Olney & Farber, 1995)

----------------------------

This is file Y before running the script:

schizophrenia

D2

prefrontal

impairment

hippocampus

PCP

------------------------

schizophrenia
Another study found that among patients with schizophrenia, the greater the amount of D2 receptor activation in the prefrontal cortex, the greater the cognitive  impairment (Meyer-Lindenberg et al., 2002)

Schizophrenia is associated with lower than normal release of glutamate and fewer than normal receptors in the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus (Akbarian et al., 1995;Ibrahim et al., 2000; Tsai et al., 1995).

PCP is Chapter 15 Mood Disorders and Schizophrenia is an interesting model for schizophrenia in other regards also (Farber, Newcomer, & Olney, 1999; Olney & Farber, 1995)

D2

prefrontal

impairment

hippocampus

PCP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to figure it out through google results, I made this mess ;

awk /X.txt/ '{ print; print grep <word++>  -R -Hn Y.txt; next }1' 

Thank you everyone even if you only read this.

Try:

awk '!NF{next} NR==FNR{A[$0]; next} {print RS $1; for(i in A) if(i~$1) print i}' X Y