Inserting Attached Files into a Forum Post

OFF_TOPIC

Hey ozsavran,

Thanks for the great post and photo attachments. Do you mind to explain to me what steps you took to upload and attach those files? I cannot do it and want to attach files like you did. Thanks!

Crude but real simple actually. There is a "Go Advanced" button to the right of "Post Quick Reply" Button. That Shows you a Paper Clip button on top of the text entry box here. You click that and select picture files you re-sized with GIMP in your home folder. Pictures which you sent from your phone via gmail app. Then you click "Upload" there in popup that the paperclip button pops for you. After files are uploaded, you close the popup. Position your text cursor where you want the picture to be. Then click the little down arrow right of the paper clip. You select whichever picture you want to be placed, or click "insert all". This puts a series of tags with picture names inside your text, just like HTML. You can cut and paste these short tags to place the pictures wherever you want. It produces visually crude, spartan looks. But this blog script used here is probably one the originator probably wrote all by himself. A do it yourself guy obviously. Its a lean, mean system that I never saw anywhere else yet. But then again, Unix is for programmers not for consumer types.

1 Like

Hey ozsavran,

Thanks for letting me know. I understand how you did it. Thanks so much.

I plan to change that code next year to make it "nicer to upload attachment" using some modern framework and most people do not use that function, and I appreciate that you did.

Thanks again and welcome to the forums.