Increasing disk space of a mount point.

Hi
I have a mount point that is in production environment, and is currently filled up.
more space has been presented from same original source (EVA).
Problem;

1. Can't see presented space
  2. After I discover the presented space, how do I go about adding this new space to existing mount point.
    OS of system is Solaris 9.

thanks.

You can check your log file for the detail of space given to you, or you can go to format and it will list the unlabeled disk space on top. Label the disk and it will come down. Once done you can use it to slice and allocate the space which is required then create new file system.

What kind of file system is your is it SVM or some thing else?

ufs.

But the main issue here is the when more space was presented to the system, it does not reflect.

Have a look at the growfs manual page.

@jlliagre, this disk am trying to expand is a stand alone</dev/dsk/c3t50001FE1500.........>, not under any volume management system, so am wondering, would growfs realise the added space?

this error i get;
/usr/sbin/growfs -M /cdrbackup /dev/rdsk/c3t50001FE15003CD29d1s4
/usr/sbin/growfs: devinfo: not found
growfs: cannot get partition size

If the device size has increased, it should detect it.

Growfs can work on normal slice also, only requirement is the new space should be contiguous in nature. This means that if the last sector of existing space is assume 20 then the space which should be allocated to this slice for further growth must start at 21.

Targ,

As root, run the "devfsadm" command. The OS will scan, detect and build a new device path if a new LUN or disk that was presented to the system. After devfsadm completes, check for the new device by running format. Although, since you're not using a volume manager, I'm not sure how you're going to increase the size of the raw device. Let us know what happens.

Still not able to see the presented space.
I think am having issues, because in the machine there is one HBA being share between storage and tape drive. that toppled with Sol9 limitations...

Targ,

Can you start from the beginning?
So, you have attached storage. Is it SAN? If it's SAN, did you mask "new" additional LUNs to the server? What type of HBA's are you using? If they are Emulex, does sd.conf have all of the targets needed?