2) head
3) tail

i want to try all type of possible options avaliabul in the above commands

please help in implementing those commands

Could U post your shell script and give us a detailed explination of
your problem.

Chill
enc :slight_smile:

i want to implement the equalent commands for above commands my own for that i need help.

For all possible options try

man <command name>

Buddy you have to be more detailed about that!
Why would you need equivalent commands ??

i want to implement the above 3 commands my own.i did't have interest to use already defined commands.and also i want to include all options avaliabul in actual commands.

Unless you actually want to rewrite the commands in C, you'll be hard pushed to get all of the required funcitonality using shell scripts...

You can use a simple " sed -n '1,10p' foofile " to print the first 10 lines of foofile, (thus mimicking "head foofile") but why would you want to reimplement this? (Unless of course, you are trying to further your programming knowledge)

Cheers
ZB

I would fully agree with Zazzybob

:wink:
Chill

tanq for giving me solution for my problem i want to reimplement it why because it is an assigenement for me & my class ok

I think you should read the forum rules here first before posting

Refer rule #7

g_s_r_c

Another Admin closed this post, but I feel I must let you know that this site is not a "post a question about your homework" site.

I see by many of your questions that they seem very homework-like. If this is not the case then I apologize, but some of your questions are extremely basic Unix questions as this one seems to be.

Please be aware that this is a site for folks who are self-taught/teaching themselves, personal enlightenment, or for Folks out in the workplace wanting answers.