ILOM - lost connection

Hello,

In my server Sun Enterprise T5140 I have unusual problem with ILOM.

After several, several days, I can not connect to the ILOM.
For connection to the ILOM I turn off the server power and then turn it on.
Where is the problem?

Regards

which firmware do you use? have you tried to update to the latest firmware?

login to the SP (service processor or iLOM) , check the --> show /SP/network
if IP is there, reset /SP and re-try

how to login if he CAN'T connect to the ilom?

connect directly to the SERIAL MGMT port with a utp cable. That's the iLOM.:wink:

---------- Post updated at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:05 PM ----------

First of all, you did not say whether you're talking about remote connection or direct connection :confused:

if you mean serial connection, why not say so? he then needs a laptop or terminalserver + cable to use the port. and if the ilom is completly hanging, the serial connection won't work either. but yes, that should be checked... is it only the network or the whole ilom.

reset /SP <----this command can only be done via serial.

i've send this lot of times with ssh connection to an ilom...

Hello,

Connection to ILOM is via Ethernet. Perhaps this is a problem with firmware...
But I have another server and this problem does not occur. :frowning:

precisely.. you will need to serial in, reset /SP and try again connecting to iLOM via ethernet. If you're able to login then, check on the firmware and upgrade it first if its of an older version. Alot of bug fixed recently with this iLOM

I have run into this multiple times on T5120's. And on some occasions this has also prevented the system from coming down without having to pull the power cables(hangs on init, reboot commands). Seems to happen on OBP version 4.28.0. We have also noticed that a prtdiag -v doesn't completely work when we have actively run into this, or trying to push the FW to the ILOM using sysfwdownload fails.

pulling the power cables for 60 seconds, and then upgrading the firmware has resolved it for us.. not a graceful solution, but it has been the only solution more than once...