if you can help me

it was Q in my last midterm
1.he asks us to create new schema as the follwing and i do
$ ./new_schema.sh shema_name.sh schema_name field_names
NEW SCHEMA 'shema_name.sh' WITH FIELDS 'schema_name', 'field_names' "list"CREATED.

2.stord in a file called schema.txt
he told us that this file should contains the SCHEMA_NAME followed by the FIELD_NAMEs.
3.our script should check if the SCHEMA_NAME already exists and if so it should print an appropriate error message and exit. If it doesn't exist, then the script should append the information to the end of the file and print a message that the schema has been created. cam you help me with this and with more details.

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.