[ID 882636 kern.warning] WARNING: interrupt level 11 not serviced

Can anybody tell what this kernel warning is, it's critical

What type of server (Ultra 2, V240R,...)? What OS and version? Post output from uname -a command.

Usually it means that harware was incorrectly removed.

It's SUNoS 5.8 on sparc 440mhz. It runs like a pstn switch, it has a socket connection throu a hme with a application server, sometimes it drops the connection on the socket, I think it;s caused by this kernel warning, can i monitor the socket, and when its gone can I restart it ?

I didn't remove any hardware,but we added a E1 pstn card ?

Thanks

It's SUNoS 5.8 on sparc 440mhz. It runs like a pstn switch, it has a socket connection throu a hme with a application server, sometimes it drops the connection on the socket, I think it;s caused by this kernel warning, can i monitor the socket, and when its gone can I restart it ?

I didn't remove any hardware,but we added a E1 pstn card ?

E1 pstn card? What is that? Is this an I/O card? Does it plug into a PCI slot? Did you install a driver for it, and if so, who wrote the driver? If the E1 pstn card can generate interrupts, there must be a driver to service them. If the driver missed an interrupt, it must be a broken driver. So check for patches to the driver.

Yep, it's a pci IO card used in telco systems and will gererate interrupts. It would still need working drivers to be added. Seems I got it backwads here, it was adding not removing the hardware that casued a problem.

Reborg,

We use it as a pstn switch, it's from telesoft, on one side the pstn network on the other side a eth connection, on a socket with a webtel application, sometimes the telesoft okeford switch, drops its socket connection(i think this has something to do with the kernel warning), is possible to monitor the socket process ?