I am porting Dll from NT to Unix, how should I proceed

I am porting Dll from Windows NT to Unix,
Could any body pls guide me how should I proceed??

Do you have the source code of the DLL? Are they written in C? If yes, you may have a chance to migrate them to UNIX.

If the source code is written in C++ and they refer some class definitions other than standard C++ class (eg. MFC), it is very difficult.

If you only have the binary of the DLL in NT, of course there is no way to transfer.

Please state more specifically.

Hi Eddie

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I have source code with me, and it is written in C++, it uses MFC classes to read registry, and has embedded ODBC SQL statements , and it is running fine On NT OS, Now I think I have clarifed doubts, for anything else pls do write back.

Thanks in advance

Well, if it is in this case, I would regretfully tell you that it is very very difficult to transfer your code from NT to UNIX. You will probably need to rewrite the programs in UNIX.

Nt and UNIX are very different. For example, there is no registry in UNIX, we control UNIX system by editing text config-files. There are something like ODBC in UNIX, but they are totally different from those of NT. MFC is only available in MS Windows system. UNIX has no MFC.

So, try to modify you program and make them call standard C++ classes (such like stream classes). Or rewrite them in pure C. Then you could have a little chance to migrate them to UNIX.