I Am Calling All Unix Experts Young Mind In Need

My name is Courtney Robinson, and I am just a young man trying to figure out were he wants his life to head. I am currently in school for Computer Science and have once class left and jsut figured out I hate programming.

However I am in love with Storage (SAN), UNIX, LINUX. I want to learn more.
I am thinking about taking a boot camp here in Atlanta,GA because I want to learn quickly and get certified quickly.

Can someone please advise a young man on a good place to do this in Atlanta,GA or a good site that is possibly a decent price on boot camp.

I AM CALLING ALL UNIX EXPERTS

Moderator's Note: email address removed.

My name is Courtney Robinson, and I am just a young man trying to figure out were he wants his life to head. I am currently in school for Computer Science and have once class left and jsut figured out I hate programming.

However I am in love with Storage (SAN), UNIX, LINUX. I want to learn more.
I am thinking about taking a boot camp here in Atlanta,GA because I want to learn quickly and get certified quickly.

Can someone please advise a young man on a good place to do this in Atlanta,GA or a good site that is possibly a decent price on boot camp.

I AM CALLING ALL UNIX EXPERTS

please email me with information or what would you do

For a start, I would read the rules:

(3) Refrain from idle chatter that does not contribute to the knowledge base.

(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

(10) Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply. The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.

This is not a technical question so please don't post it in the technical forums; I have moved your question to our off-topic area. And please don't post any question twice; I have combined your threads. And please don't post your email address and ask for private responses; I have removed your email address.

My advice is not to take advice from anyone, myself included.

Get "UNIX Essentials and UNIX Core" DVD it comes with two certifications. And then you can get certified as an administrator on UnixAcademy.com There's no faster way (and cheaper BTW).

did this work for you? did you buy the DVD's,

ad are the certifications offical or are they just completion awards

please let me know.

thank you

what do you think about the boot camps?

See, these are the certificates of completion but they DO WORK as you try get a job. The DVD itself is VERY GOOD! Nothing is perfect under Moon :wink: but it is really great course! It saves great deal on money, it is not a substitution for a system administrator course but it covers pretty much everything that one has to know before system administrator course. Then, the certification by unixacademy.com is very well working. Read the texts over there. They do not have timed exam, you get 80 questions by mail (not by email) and you have one month to work it out. Then you send it back and they'll call you to discuss the questions. Well read it there... If you ask me, it is the best option I ever heard. I didn't take the Admin test there, yet, but I'm still on this DVD and I have learned A LOT. I actually got it from CustomFLix store directly. They do not publish it but if you buy from CustomFlix they send back also couple of pins "TechnoProfessor certified". Friend of mine who got it from Amazon didn't receive the pins. I think it is better to go trough this one for some $100 and then if needed take the really advanced one.

is the dvd interavtive?

it is a video program, made of 5-10 min lessons on different subjects. What do you mean by interactive? It is DVD, there are lectures, examples, diagrams on the screen. I run it on my Mac as it comes to new subject you simply pause, try the same command, read man page experiment and so on. Then proceed to the next one. BTW there's MUCH of info packed into it. You can simply review to refresh things or go example-by-example to learn. I found about it from our team of developers, they use it to learn UNIX and they liked it very much. It is not entertaining it is bunch of real lectures on unix just like attend university. You still have to learn, it will not learn it for you.

ok, great thank you but who do I get an UNIX OS for my laptop so that Ican follow along?

You can get one free here