I am a beginner.Wanna become expert.

Hi Everybody,

I am beginner to Unix platform, Can anybody guide me to learn the Unix, Scripting, shell scripting and inside stuff.

I am interesting in programming that needs the step by step walk.

Thankful to those who dare to walk along.

yours

farooq

Do a search your questions has been answered many times in the past.

Farook,

You have to do a lot of hard work with +ve attitude in this area. Many books and informations available an Net as well as market. go through them u will be expert after some times.

Regards,

Awadhesh

:rolleyes: hmm... I think you're using windows... so you should start by searching live-on-cd linux, like knoppix. You can download it from anythere like *.iso and make a bootable cd (I think you know who is nero). Then you can start study in unix. You should start by running console and typing commands like "ls", "cd" and "pwd" to navigate in your unix. If you done you should try others commands. Type "ls /bin" to see a list of basic commands. If you don't know what command what do, type: "yourcommand --help" or "man yourcommand". Next step is other commands (advance). You can get list by typing: "ls /usr/bin", then try theese commands. You should study very hard and please... don't hurry. Then you think you enought smart in unix - you can run mozila (or other browser), then goto www.unix.com (this site is the best! :smiley: ) and try to search everything you need, ask questions, leave posts... after that, you're unix expert!

farooq,

You must remember one thing before you embark on such a treacherous journey...patience and persistence is the key! In Unix you will be using the keyboard a lot and there are a lot of commands to go through. A quick search on the net can get you some pretty good stuff to get started with.
here is one from me...
http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/

Hope to see you around :wink:

101 articles about Unix