HPUX data migration v1 & v3 from VMX to VMX950

Hi Team, I am looking for the HPUX data Migration (ONly Data volumes) steps in our environment. We have V1 & V3, SAN are VMX40k to VMX950X

1. Migration steps to follow using Volume mirroring. (Steps with commands appreciated)
  2. Migration steps to follow using SRDF migration. (Host steps)

Thanks in advance

Are volume groups involved on HPUX ?

If volume groups are involved, it should be possible to :

1.) export the DATA volume group information into a file (vgexport -p -m -s)
2.) Copy the file to new HPUXv3 system.
3.) Clone the disk via storage array utils and present the cloned luns to the new host.
4.) Import the volume group via the file you copied, activate and mount the filesystems.

Check the manual and search engine for exact vg commands.

If this test works, repeat with source volume group access stopped for live migration.

If only disks are involved, just clone, present to new host and mount the filesystems.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant

Sorry if I confused you, actually I have two different system for migration, going to migrate both on new storage

Hi actually, I am migrating San, can you please help me with the volume mirroring commands for only data volume

Are these EMC cabs?
Last time I had to migrate the hard way was more than 10 years ago but its was HDS san, since we have migrated twice using own san tools to replicate between sans...
I am surprised EMC doesn't have such utility...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.