HPUX 10.20 SCSI Hardware Drivers

I own a 1999 vintage HP Logic Analyzer that runs HPUX 10.20. It is a 9000/775/rock system similar to a Visualize C132L/160L system.

I'm attempting, mostly for the fun of it, to upgrade the existing slow 5MB/s-only SCSI system, with a new-er PCI card. Of course drivers is my major concern. I'd like to assemble as many hardware drivers for as many different SCSI cards as possible for that OS. I'm going to attempt to buy from ebay an older card, and then get it running.

I have so many questions:

• Where are drivers stored within the OS?
  • How do you install a new driver?
  • So far, the best I can determine is that you create a new kernel using SAM and change the "OUT" to "IN" for the particular line, once that driver is installed.
  • Are there any official CDROM sources that would have a ton of drivers?
  • The drivers I obtain are going to become my shopping list --- whatever I have support for, I'll have to find a matching card...

My current system only has C720 installed. This is an NCR/LSI/Symbios 53C720 driver. I *may* be able to find a compatible card, but I think it might be tough.

1 Like

Greetings
I think the last CD for HPUX 10.20 is of 2001 but could be 2003 but these were mostly security patches the last bundle with upgrades etc. were of 1999 now it may be that for 775 you had a HPUX 10.30 but I never had such HW so cant help there but I am sure C132 and 775 run on HPUX 11.00 which had more recent drivers... new drivers were installed like any other upgrade once the new HW is installed during the reboot, the HW is scanned and if new HW is found the drivers will be "installed" and made operational, I am not at home but in the mountains so I cant help for the CDs but depending of when you last updated your system you may very well have the last drivers...

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah the guy that runs openpa.net, which is an awesome resource thinks that many drivers are already built in.....so I guess we shall see!

Good luck in the mountains.