HP-UX 10.20 Network Configure

Hi
I'm new about UNIX, but I've to use a HP9000 with HP-UX 10.20 workstation. I'm trying to configure the network, I've configured the file /etc/rc.conf.d/netconf with my IP address and the right gateway, so the HP9000 is on the net, I've tried a ping. But now I've a problem I can't start hte CDE, because after the login the desktop doesn't appear, if I disconnect the LAN cable after few seconds the desktop is loaded but HP9000 give this message: "Unable to initialize or connect the Desktop messaging systems. Check your $HOME/.dt/errorlog for more information.".
Please help.

Thanks
GofMass

Hi
I'm new about UNIX, but I've to use a HP9000 with HP-UX 10.20 workstation. I'm trying to configure the network, I've configured the file /etc/rc.conf.d/netconf with my IP address and the right gateway, so the HP9000 is on the net, I've tried a ping. But now I've a problem I can't start hte CDE, because after the login the desktop doesn't appear, if I disconnect the LAN cable after few seconds the desktop is loaded but HP9000 give this message: "Unable to initialize or connect the Desktop messaging systems. Check your $HOME/.dt/errorlog for more information.".
Please help.

Thanks
GofMass

Please do not cross-post. I have merged the threads.

Do you have a bad /etc/hosts file ? Check it.

Regards, Kaps

Please try it with "sam" as well, the system administration tool.