Howto clone/migrate a volume in the SAN

Dear Srs,

I have a Linux server (linux01) booting from SAN with a volume in a Nexsan SATAbeast storage array (san01). The disk/volume has four ext3 partitions, total size is near to 400GB, but only 20-30GB are in use.

I need to move this disk/volume to another Nexsan SATAbeast storage array (san02). SATABeast GUI is very simple.. and I haven't any option to migrate, clone, move, etc.. so I need to make this with other tools ;-(

What is the recommended method to make this? I have make this operations early with UNIX tools like rsync, dd, cpio, tar, etc..

I'm planning to use a second Linux server, linux02, and give access to old volume in san01 and the new volume in san02, and clone hard disk in this server. After cloning the drive, re-configure boot from SAN to boot from the new storage array, san02.

I'm looking for a more simple tool to make this type of operations, perhaps a front-end such as G4L, Partimage, Mondo-Mindi, etc..

dd can be a good and simple method, but whats happens when source and destination disk has different size?

Thanks for all the comments and advices!!

Regards,