How to start system console in ELOM?

Hi, The system is Sun x4150. I use putty ssh to access to it. I can't start system console:

(hung)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Try:

start -f /SP/console

It's been a long time since I've had access to a solaris system, but I remember that there is a separate "net-mgmt" ethernet port, and I did not know that you could SSH to it, maybe you cannot. The document

Using the Embedded Lights Out Manager System

Talks about accessing the console via a web browser to this port.

You most certainly can SSH to that port, as the OP did just that. The problem is that after connecting to Service Processor the connection to system console is hanging.

I can access to the system console via web browsers, but I can't copy/paste the contents in the terminal by this way.

start -f does not work:

aixlover,

An x4150 is an x86 based system, so it most likely comes with a video card.  Most install scripts set the system to boot to its video console, in which case there is no output on the serial console.  If you don't have a monitor handy, you can tell if the system is using its video output by looking at /boot/grub/menu.lst  If you see something like this :
title Solaris 10 5/08 s10x_u5wos_10 X86
kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot
module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive
 Your system is using the video display.  In order to fix this, you need to modify your grub configuration.

The menu.lst file is fairly easy to understand, but in order to boot with a serial console, you should add a section to the top of the various boot options like this :
title Solaris 10 5/08 s10x_u5wos_10 X86 - Serial Port (ttya)
kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot -B console=ttya
module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive
 Note the  -B console=ttya.  This webpage has more information - [Modifying Boot Behavior on x86 Based Systems - System Administration Guide: Basic Administration](http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19963-01/html/821-1451/gkkvs.html)

---------- Post updated at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:18 AM ----------

I forgot to mention that after making this change, you will need to reboot.