How to ssh from an AIX OS server to a Fabric OS server without password?

Hi
I'd like to ssh from an AIX OS server ( v5.3) to a Fabric OS server ( v6.1.2 ) without password.
I tried using dsa or rsa keys but it didn't work, the aix server still asked for the password.

Somebody help, please :(:(:frowning:

it is not AIX server, which asks for the password, but Fabric OS. Please read the Fabric OS manual how to install SSH keys properly.

1 Like

Either keys are not correct, network config not correct or incomplete or perms on ssh files/directory...

1 Like

I do the same thing to 2 servers, the aix server is OK, but the Fabric one isn't.

Could you show me more details or give me some web links about install SSH keys. I found something on internet but it seems not working.

it is for FabOS 7.3

Configuring incoming SSH authentication

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I got it.

But I think it's not safe to do like this, because the account must have admin role to import the key. When someone ssh from the other servers, he also logins to an account that has admin role.

I just want to ssh from other server to login to a normal account to execute some checking commands (which do not need admin role).

no, you didn't get it. you need admin role to install ssh keys. your user doesn't need any admin or privileged roles.

I working on FabOS 6.4, and when I import keys, there's no this line
"Enter user name for whom key is imported: "

to indicate the user login when ssh.

Just only lile this

switch:alloweduser> sshutil importpubkey
Enter IP address:192.168.38.244
Enter remote directory:~auser/.ssh
Enter public key name(must have .pub suffix):id_dsa.pub
Enter login name:auser
Password:

it seems it is a new feature since FabOS 7.x, so you have to upgrade your FabOS. In FabOS 6.3 manual:

1 Like