How to setup Parallel Cluster in Linux

Hi,

Hi,

I work in NGO. They are migrating from windows to Linux. They can't spend so much money on servers. They have around 50 PCs. So I want to setup cluster on 2-3 PCs or more than that for setting up server. I am excepted to get their collective output. So that it will be compatible with one server. I heard that it can be done with Linux Clustering. Do anybody have any idea on this ?

Regards
NeeleshG

LINUX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity

What applications are you intending to run on the cluster, and what does "collective output" mean?

Here are some links : Linux HA project; Linux cluster HOWTO; budget cluster

Thanks,

we will run following applications on it:

LTSP4.2, Tally7.2, Openoffice, Apache for Php-Mysql based applications.

Thanks
NeeleshG

You have a mix of client and server software in there. Where will the mysql database live?

I recommend rather than trying to get clustering to solve the problems, separate out the functions into the classic n-tiers.

I must admit I know nothing about Tally.

Database is not much big so I didnot seperate db server. Tally is accounting software which eats around 50MB RAM.

But is it possible to get collective output of n number of PCs ?
For example: If my server requirement is 3 GB RAM and 3 Ghz CPU. Then instead of bying one server of that much capacity, can I use 3 PCs each of 1 GB RAM and 1 Ghz CPU ?

Thanks
NeeleshG