How to setup a shell to use IRC behind firewall help

So, I have a free shell from an online provider which offer IRC access, I am behind a firewall blocking all IRC ports @ work, how can I use the Shell to get on IRC from work? What do I need to setup on the shell to be able to connect to the shell on the ssh port which allows connections from work, and then the shell to irc?

Diagram of what I am thinking in my head:

Work -> IRC 6667-7001 (blocked)

Work -> SSH Shell 22 -> Shell Connect to -> IRC port 6667 (port-forward connected)

What can I do in specific with my shell to be able to have this set up? What do I need to install, etc...

Is my question to specific? Can any1 direct me to where I can ask in a more shell/irc specific forum?

If you're behind a firewall, and it's working correctly, as it appears to be,
there's really nothing from the shell you can do. You'll need to unblock the right port(s) on the firewall for it to function.

If I would be your boss I would fire you on the stop when I would find out you are trying this.

There is a good reason why your company blocked these ports.

Actually I work in IS, just I haven't figured out how to to this with a shell and I know you can, there is no1 to catch me, besides myself and I'm not rattin myself out lol....

I can do this with my home PC as the middleman but I want to figure out how to do it with a shell...

IS? As in Internet Security? And you don't know how an ssh tunnel works? And you don't think you can get caught? He he.

As in Information Services.

And there is no1 to catch me, I run the show, from a management level, do you think someone is going to report me to myself? I'm the one who gets the reports on connections etc... I just don't know how to do it with a Shell which is why I'm asking here, as I know how to do it with my home PC, but its bandwidth is not good enough for this cause its uploading/downloading all day....

I can guarantee you that, if you would be working at my company, we would know right away you are setting up a tunnel.

Depending on the objective of the tunnel, it would be a 1 time warning, or emptying your desk right away.

Just for the mentality you present here, I would not want you to be working at my company.

well, if you are "running the show", why not just open a port on the firewall and be done with?

Cause then I have to open it for everyone and not just myself, THEN problems start :stuck_out_tongue:

If you had any knowledge about firewalls you would know there are many methods to open a port for 1 specific system.